jerry

jerry

I have just upgraded my Elixir version from 1.7 to 1.9.
My existing application is running well so far.

I have, however, created a new project, and realized that after using the command:
mix new new_proj --sup
There was no config directory generated in the new project.

How do I handle this? Where do I put the things I would previously have put inside the config directory?

I am grateful for your assistance.

Thanks.

Jerry

Showing Posts 1 to 4

lpil

lpil

Creator of Gleam

If you wish to use a config file you can create one and it will work as before.

However the config system is almost always not the best way to supply configuration to libraries so it has been removed from the default application, to avoid misleading developers. There is more detail here.

jerry

jerry OP

Hello @lpil,

Thanks for your response.
In the absence of config.ex, where do I put, for instance,

config :testapp, TestApp.Repo,
adapter: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres,
database: testdb,
username: testuser,
password: test123

or even the below:

config :testapp, TestApp.Mailer,
adapter: Bamboo.SendGridAdapter

From your experience, where do I declare the above lines of code?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

lpil

lpil

Creator of Gleam

In this instance you would create a config.exs for this code :slight_smile:

jerry

jerry OP

Many thanks, @lpil.
I am grateful for your assistance.

Regards,

Jerry

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews