shahryarjb

shahryarjb

Hello , I have updated phoenix css to bootstrap4, but some bootstrap4’s css doesn’t load in my phoenix project, for example in phoenix

30%20pm

in html file

40%20pm

I checked this and I know the css line doesn’t exist, weblayers expansion in chrome shows me that it’s bootstrap4

my

exports.config = {
  // See http://brunch.io/#documentation for docs.
  files: {
    javascripts: {
      joinTo: "js/app.js"

      // To use a separate vendor.js bundle, specify two files path
      // http://brunch.io/docs/config#-files-
      // joinTo: {
      //   "js/app.js": /^js/,
      //   "js/vendor.js": /^(?!js)/
      // }
      //
      // To change the order of concatenation of files, explicitly mention here
      // order: {
      //   before: [
      //     "vendor/js/jquery-2.1.1.js",
      //     "vendor/js/bootstrap.min.js"
      //   ]
      // }
    },
    stylesheets: {
      joinTo: "css/app.css",
      order: {
        after: ["priv/static/css/app.scss"]
      }
    },
    templates: {
      joinTo: "js/app.js"
    }
  },

  conventions: {
    // This option sets where we should place non-css and non-js assets in.
    // By default, we set this to "/assets/static". Files in this directory
    // will be copied to `paths.public`, which is "priv/static" by default.
    assets: /^(static)/
  },

  // Phoenix paths configuration
  paths: {
    // Dependencies and current project directories to watch
    watched: ["static", "css", "js", "vendor","scss", "fonts"],
    // Where to compile files to
    public: "../priv/static"
  },

  // Configure your plugins
  plugins: {
    babel: {
      // Do not use ES6 compiler in vendor code
      ignore: [/vendor/]
    },
    sass: {
      mode: 'native',
      options: {
        includePaths: ["node_modules/bootstrap/scss", "node_modules/font-awesome/scss"], // Tell sass-brunch where to look for files to @import
        precision: 8 // Minimum precision required by bootstrap-sass
      }
    },
    copycat: {
      "fonts" : ["static/fonts", "node_modules/font-awesome/fonts"],
      verbose : false, //shows each file that is copied to the destination directory
      onlyChanged: true //only copy a file if it's modified time has changed (only effective when using brunch watch)
    }
  },

  modules: {
    autoRequire: {
      "js/app.js": ["js/app"]
    }
  },

  npm: {
    enabled: true,
    globals: { // Bootstrap's JavaScript requires both '$' and 'jQuery' in global scope
      $: 'jquery',
      jQuery: 'jquery',
      Tether: 'tether',
      Popper: 'popper.js',
      bootstrap: 'bootstrap', // Require Bootstrap's JavaScript globally
    }
  }
};

and I added these in asset/css/app.css

add @import 'font-awesome';
add @import 'bootstrap';

if I rename web/static/css/app.css to web/static/css/app.scss, I will have this error :

12:28:16 - error: Compiling of css/app.scss failed. L1:50: 
   Invalid CSS after "...ication css. */": expected 1 selector or at-rule, was "add @import 'font-a" 
           
   >>  file is for your main application css. */
      ------------------------------------------^
Stack trace was suppressed. Run with `LOGGY_STACKS=1` to see the trace. 
12:28:16 - info: removed app.css and wrote 2 cached files into app.css in 303 ms
19 Jul 12:28:16 - info: [copycat] copied 0 files (1 files were not modified)
19 Jul 12:28:16 - info: [copycat] copied 0 files (6 files were not modified)

I did these :

npm install --save-dev sass-brunch
npm install --save font-awesome
npm install --save copycat-brunch
npm install --save jquery
npm install --save bootstrap
npm install --save tether (bootstrap dep)
npm install --save popper.js (bootstrap dep)

by Installing Bootstrap 4 + Font Awesome from NPM in Phoenix Framework using sass · GitHub

how do I fix it?

Showing Posts 1 to 6

dokuzbir

dokuzbir

I am not sure if you added like that. You should add like that.

@import 'font-awesome'
@import 'bootstrap'

And rename to app.scss

shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

Hi, now ,I rename web/static/css/app.css to web/static/css/app.scss, but :

[debug] ** (Phoenix.Router.NoRouteError) no route found for GET /css/font-awesome (TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Router)
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/trangell_html_site_web/router.ex:1: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Router.__match_route__/4
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/phoenix/router.ex:307: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Router.call/2
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/trangell_html_site_web/endpoint.ex:1: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Endpoint.plug_builder_call/2
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/plug/debugger.ex:122: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Endpoint."call (overridable 3)"/2
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/trangell_html_site_web/endpoint.ex:1: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Endpoint.call/2
    (plug) lib/plug/adapters/cowboy/handler.ex:16: Plug.Adapters.Cowboy.Handler.upgrade/4
    (cowboy) /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/elixir-ex-source/Trangell_Main/trangell_html_site_umbrella/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_protocol.erl:442: :cowboy_protocol.execute/4

[debug] ** (Phoenix.Router.NoRouteError) no route found for GET /css/bootstrap (TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Router)
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/trangell_html_site_web/router.ex:1: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Router.__match_route__/4
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/phoenix/router.ex:307: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Router.call/2
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/trangell_html_site_web/endpoint.ex:1: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Endpoint.plug_builder_call/2
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/plug/debugger.ex:122: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Endpoint."call (overridable 3)"/2
    (trangell_html_site_web) lib/trangell_html_site_web/endpoint.ex:1: TrangellHtmlSiteWeb.Endpoint.call/2
    (plug) lib/plug/adapters/cowboy/handler.ex:16: Plug.Adapters.Cowboy.Handler.upgrade/4
    (cowboy) /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/elixir-ex-source/Trangell_Main/trangell_html_site_umbrella/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_protocol.erl:442: :cowboy_protocol.execute/4

there is still that problem!!

dokuzbir

dokuzbir

I am not familiar phoenix 1.2 folder structure. From error it is looking static directory for bootstrap and fontawesome but should look node modules folder. You can try something like that.

@import "node_modules/bootstrap/scss/bootstrap";
shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

I did this before but it didn’t work :frowning_face:

shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

I checked again and I saw the bootstrap was loaded in my code , but the css needs !important‍ to load.

phoenix css has a conflict with Bootstrap

dokuzbir

dokuzbir

you can delete default phoenix css files

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews