bluzky
I have just released a small library that help to build query from a map with structure similar to Mongo DB filter like this:
Filtery.apply(Post, %{name: {:like, "elixir"}, is_draft: false, tags: {:has, "ecto"} })
Here is the repo:
https://github.com/bluzky/filtery
It’s quite simple and supports filtering on a single table only.
It supports basic operators eq, :gt, :gte, :in, :lt, :lte, :ne, :nin, :and, :or and some other helpful operators. And you can define your own operators too.
Please try and leave your feedback. Thank you.
Update v0.2.0
I have added a special operator ref to join multiple table
query = Filtery.apply(Post, %{comments: {:ref, %{
approved: true,
content: {:like, "filtery"}
}}})
comments field must be the association name in your Post schema
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
There’s heavy doomer energy on many of the forum threads.
This community has traditionally been optimistic and forward thinking. Now th...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
subbu
This is neat. It will work well for simple use cases. Its also good in way that you can build filters progressively as its a map. But its use will be limited as most production use-cases will involve multi-table filtering.
bluzky
Filtery.applyreturn a query so you can chain as many time as you want like thisI have been thinking of a simple specification to define a join filter but there is not good enough solution.
Do you have any suggestion?
bluzky
I have added new operator for querying join table. Please check update above.
subbu
That’s very nice!
mathieuprog
This looks similar to my library QueryBuilder
It’s possible to have joins.
Possible to make a query out of a keyword list with
QueryBuilder.from_list/2.bluzky
Thanks for your library, I didn’t know it before. It has lots of cool features.
This module is actually a part of my projects. I have to write lots of code to build query from request parameter so its goal is to help building query conditions. And I want to keep it simple so my colleges can learn to use it quickly.
marciol
It’s really nice to have ways of building queries using a more data-driven approach. It’s really awesome