ChrisAmelia
Currently reading and experimenting through, which is in 1.6 Chapter 7: Sign up | Phoenix Tutorial (Phoenix 1.6) | Softcover.io
In regard to Phoenix 1.8.5, especially 7.2 Signup form described in the link,
<div class="row">
<div class="mx-auto col-md-6 col-md-offset-3">
<%= form_for @changeset, Routes.user_path(@conn, :create), fn f -> %>
<%= label :user, :name %>
<%= text_input f, :name %>
<%= label :user, :email %>
<%= email_input f, :email %>
<%= label :user, :password %>
<%= password_input f, :password %>
<%= label :user, :password_confirmation, "Confirmation" %>
<%= password_input f, :password_confirmation %>
<%= submit "Create my account", class: "btn btn-primary" %>
<% end %>
</div>
</div>
I tried translating that to 1.8.5 but with no success, I haven’t been able to find the right keywords on Google.
Is this kind of form outdated, as in not to use anymore? If so, could you point me to resources to create a simple form in 1.8.5?
Trending in Troubleshooting
Job args skip format_job_args/1 in the job edit form and in search hints, even with read-only access
Hi Parker and Shannon,
First, thank you for Oban and Oban Web. They’re a pleasure to build on, and the resolver’s format_job_args/1 and ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Questions & Help>Troubleshooting
Latest on Elixir Forum
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lubien
Cheers mate.
yeah it’s kinda outdated but the new stuff is quite easy to use too.
I have a guide that is LiveView focused but the components are really the same. Here’s when I start talking about forms.
Updated a couple months ago and it uses what’s current used in new projects