Looking for freelance Elixir developer at Qubit GPS, Kenya (remote)

Introductory paragraph

My name is Geoffrey and i am the CEO of Qubit GPS a company that offers software to manufacturers who manufacture devices that use GPS data in some way. We do that bu offering firmware and cloud based software for management.

We are based in Nairobi Kenya.

About us

My name: Geoffrey Kimani
My position: CEO
Company name: Cubit Ltd
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): We are using elixir to handle millions of data that we receive from various IOT devices transmitting data to our servers.

About the job

Job title: Elixir developer with exq experience
Job description: Building a background job engine with elixir and exq
Salary range: 1000 USD to 5000 USD
Position on remote work: Remote
Qualifications or experience required: Experience in exq and elixir
What the successful job applicant will be working on: EXq and elixir

About the interview process

Just show us what you have used exq or, and if i am impressed, you are hired. No whiteboard. Must be an expert in elixir.

Further info

No comment.

maybe something for @akira ? (creator/maintainer of exq)…

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for making a job posting!

Can you clarify this range? If this is per month, that’s $12k - $60k a year, and $12k a year full time isn’t even federal minimum wage. $60k a year is entry level, you may have trouble attracting experts.

If you’re going to hire an Elixir expert I’d consider letting them make the choice on job system. ecto_job is a recent library for example that looks very promising.

2 Likes

Hello,

This is task based. e give you a task you complete and get paid.

I see, you may want to edit the word “Salary” since that refers to a fixed, regular income, not a per job one time payment.

5 Likes