mwillema
Hi everyone,
Using Elixir Phoenix and esbuild, I installed fontawesome using NPM in the assets folder. I can properly load the SCSS files, but the fonts do not load. I get the following error:
no route found for GET /node_modules/@fortawesome/fontawesome-free/webfonts/fa-solid-900.ttf
Any idea how could I fix this?
PS: My esbuild config is:
config :esbuild, version: "0.14.0", default: [ args: ~w(js/app.js --bundle --target=es2017 --outdir=../priv/static/assets --external:/fonts/* --external:/images/*), cd: Path.expand("../assets", __DIR__), env: %{"NODE_PATH" => Path.expand("../deps", __DIR__)} ]
Thanks in advance for your help!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
soup
That URL looks pretty suspect to me. You should be able to peek at
priv/static/assetsand see if the font files are being placed in there.If they look good, check that you’re importing/including/whatevering them correctly in the JS (or whatever)?
mwillema
The font files are not placed in priv/static/assets, only the scss is compiled and injected into the app.css file.
Somehow it looks like esbuild (or whatever) does not move the font files in the priv folder.
soup
This gist seems to imply you need to do some lifting yourself maybe, specifically adding loaders for font file types?
See also
esbuild content types css
esbuild content types external file (needs manual enable!)
Might help?
mwillema
It would probably help but I don’t find it an elegant solution. It’s more of a hack. I’d like to be in control of all the code I’m writing, especially when it’s deployed into prod
Btw I found another solution, also a workaround but IMO less messy. I simply symlinked the fonts into
priv/static/fontsand set$fa-font-path: "/fonts";It worked