sodapopcan
Hey @zachdaniel!
I was going to bring Ash into a current project of mine to play around with it but was immediately blocked by lack of Sqlite support. I imagine this question has been asked before but I just can’t find any discussion about it on here or github and I don’t use Discord or Xwitter. So apologies for asking you to rehash here: are there immediate plans to support it or is it more of a “as soon as someone takes the wheel” type deal?
Thanks!
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
fceruti
I asked about this on discord about a week ago, and the project was started as a clone of
ash_postgres. Can’t say much more than thathttps://github.com/ash-project/ash_sqlite
sodapopcan
Ohhhhh thank you! Ya, I’m a dummy and only searched through the issues of pinned repositories.
zachdaniel
It’s not ready yet! It is broken for even very basic things. It is on my list this week to get it working to a basic degree
zachdaniel
Just want to make sure you don’t waste your time
sodapopcan
Ha, ya, I saw the commit log
Maybe try it out anyway and see the chaos! My attention is split between three different projects right now so I don’t have the appetite to make a throwaway app for learning as I will just forget everything I learned!
zachdaniel
You will probably have a tough time doing…anything, but feel free to try.
zachdaniel
I wouldn’t necessarily want you to bank on me getting it ready in the short term, but you could model much of your app using the ETS data layer and then switch to sqlite afterwards.
sodapopcan
Oh that’s an interesting idea. I do have a postgres project but that one I’m a bit more hesitant to bring it in on as it’s much further along and larger. I’ll figure it out, lol. I’m getting more excited about the prospect of Ash. There are a couple of things I’m iffy about but I think I’m probably overthinking them. It was definitely a good move to bring the community over here as it’s been nice having it more in my face this past week. I’ve been reading all the posts and looking at all the code and I almost feel like I already know how to use it without having used it yet
I already have a lot of experience with DDD, though, so that helps.