Herve37
We’re evaluating API mocking tools for OpenAPI-based projects and would love to hear what other teams are using.
We’re particularly interested in:
- OpenAPI compatibility
- Mock server capabilities
- Easy collaboration
- Integration with testing workflows
What has worked best for your team?
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Emily is an Elixir library that runs Nx computations on Apple’s MLX. Install it as the default Nx backend and Nx, defn, Axon, Nx.Serving,...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lud
Hello,
What are you trying to mock in elixir? External APIs or your own API?
Lewis
Bypass - for HTTP
Mimic - for in process APIs, things that [may] call modules which HTTP
warmwaffles
I have been using
ShamoverBypassfor a while now.Mimicfor quick mockingMoxoccasionally.When testing with something that uses
Req, I just use the built inReq.Testthings. Super handy.karlosmid
Efx moves mocking in new direction: Efx - A library to declaratively write testable effects | Elixir Forum
I used in one of my pet projects
dimitarvp
What were your impressions?
karlosmid
Hi @dimitarvp, biggest win compared to Mox (up to Efx the best option) is no hassle with configurations and precondition that boundary needs to have behaviour. In testing, you
bindyour boundary functions and you are good to go.funboy
Mimic works in the same way too
Unique power of Efx is
dimitarvp
I was about to say but got beaten to it: how is this different than Mimic?
Though I have to say: explicit or implicit marking of effects is very, VERY, welcome. Don’t get me wrong.
krasenyp
I glanced over Efx and yeah, just as I expected, it’s another way to NOT do proper dependency injection. Why are we so afraid to code against protocols and pass around structs which implement them?
funboy
protocols are about polymorphism based on the struct type, whereas we’re discussing behavior that depends on the environment. For example, in test env we may want to avoid making real HTTP calls or spawning real processes.
Mox is a great fit when you’re abstracting an external dependency behind a behavior. But for testing internal implementations, I find e.g. Mimic much more convenient. It lets you mock internal modules without adding extra behaviors, configuration, or maintenance overhead