shirawebill
Hi,
I am trying to stream a file from AWS.
It is a very large file, so I thought it would be better to use Stream and , once that works, to chunk the data.
I am using NimbleCSV - the parse_stream function.
I am getting back an empty list after running Enum.to_list
This is my code so far:
alias NimbleCSV.RFC4180, as: CSV
ExAws.S3.download_file("testfiles", "file_upload.csv", :memory)
|> ExAws.stream!()
|> CSV.parse_stream
|> Enum.to_list
I would like to do something like:
alias NimbleCSV.RFC4180, as: CSV
ExAws.S3.download_file("testfiles", "file_upload.csv", :memory)
|> ExAws.stream!()
|> CSV.parse_stream
|> Stream.chunk_every(10_000)
|> Stream.map(& process_stream(&1)
|> Enum.to_list
Thanks! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mindok
Have you checked that
ExAws.stream!()gives you anything?LostKobrakai
Afaik streaming data from AWS gives you chunks of same size in bytes. NimbleCSV expects a stream of (individual) lines. So you need to convert between those two, which NimbleCSV has a helper for.
mindok
I just had a more detailed read through the
ExAws.S3docs - there is also an example there of converting the stream into a stream by line - see ExAws.S3 — ExAws.S3 v2.5.9 , but the NimbleCSV one (NimbleCSV — NimbleCSV v1.3.0) would be the way to go.LostKobrakai
They should be mostly the same code since Update example for streaming lines by fastjames · Pull Request #170 · ex-aws/ex_aws_s3 · GitHub, but yeah, using the available API over copy pasting the implementation is certainly simpler.
shirawebill
Thank you, the CSV.parse_stream worked!
Final code: