DaAnalyst

DaAnalyst

For those of us still caring about the code readability (in the age of LLMs), this tiny library can replace nested ifs in situations when with is inadequate (when there’s more than just one success/happy path), so a cond would suit better, but cond itself doesn’t support lazy binding of variables that become accessible to subsequent clauses down the road.

Below is a simple example (from README) of how to use it.

So, instead of having something like the following if nesting (or an analog cond nesting):

foo =
  if in_range?( x, y) do
    n
  else
    last = get_last( x)
    post = get_pos( y)

    if pos > last do
      last
    else
      pos
    end
  end

BoundCond enables a more declarative/readable approach:

foo =
  bound_cond do
    in_range?( x, y) -> 
      n

    :bind ->
      last = get_last( x)
      pos = get_pos( y)

      pos > last -> 
        last
      
      true -> 
        pos
  end

Any number of :bind’s is permitted. What maters is that a :bind doesn’t count as a real clause, so there need to be some actual clauses underneath it, for otherwise it wouldn’t make any sense.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
kip
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews