sezaru
I have a app in Fly.io called skip-trace-proxy with a squid HTTP proxy running. That app is deployed with flycast meaning that I should be able to access it from other apps in the same org by calling skip-trace-proxy.flycast as the URL.
If I try doing that using curl like this:
curl -x skip-trace-proxy.flycast:3128 ifconfig.co
It works great, but, when I try using Req or Finch to call it, I get a nxdomain error:
> Req.get!("http://skip-trace-proxy.flycast:3128")
** (Req.TransportError) non-existing domain
(req 0.5.14) lib/req.ex:1121: Req.request!/2
iex:3: (file)
> Req.get!(
"https://fly.io",
connect_options: [proxy: {:http, "skip-trace-proxy.flycast", 3128, []}]
)
** (Req.TransportError) non-existing domain
(req 0.5.14) lib/req.ex:1121: Req.request!/2
iex:1: (file)
# FinchConfig:
# {Finch, name: Core.ProxiedFinch, pools: %{
# default: [
# protocols: [:http1],
# conn_opts: [
# proxy: {:http, "skip-trace-proxy.flycast", 3128, []}
# ]
# ]
# }},
> Finch.build(:get, "http://ifconfig.co") |> Finch.request(Core.ProxiedFinch)
{:error, %Mint.TransportError{reason: :nxdomain}}
Why is this happening?
It seems like the issue is because the flycast will be using ipv6 only, so, for a url you would enabled inet6: true, but I can’t figure out how to configure the same for the proxy to use ipv6 too.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sezaru
After trying some options I found the solution, you need to setup the proxy this way: