citizenE
Hi there,
I am trying to set up a simple Elixir project on Windows 10 with the following dependencies:
- sqlite_ecto
- ecto
My mix.esx:
defmodule Test.Mixfile do
use Mix.Project
def project do
[app: :test,
version: "0.1.0",
elixir: "~> 1.4",
build_embedded: Mix.env == :prod,
start_permanent: Mix.env == :prod,
deps: deps()]
end
def application do
[applications: [:logger, :sqlite_ecto, :ecto],
mod: {test.Api, []}]
end
defp deps do
[{:ecto, "~> 1.1.5"},
{:sqlite_ecto, "~> 1.0.0"}]
end
end
While running mix ecto.gen.repo Test.Repo I get the following error:
==> esqlite (compile)
Compiled src/esqlite3_nif.erl
Compiled src/esqlite3.erl
Compiling c_src/esqlite3_nif.c
'cl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
ERROR: compile failed while processing c:/Projects/fp/octo/deps/esqlite: rebar_abort
What is causing this error? I already did a Visual Studio reinstall, but without any result.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
According to a post on SO you need to modify your installation of MSVS to include C++.
mkunikow
https://medium.com/@rpw952/elixir-development-on-windows-10-ff7ca03769d