Aetherus
The following code works in Elixir 1.14.0, but not in 1.14.1:
defprotocol Foo do
def foo(x)
end
###################
defmodule Bar do
defstruct []
defimpl Foo, for: __MODULE__ do
def foo(x) do
...
end
end
end
##################
Foo.foo(%Bar{})
In 1.14.1, when the last statement is called, the following error is raised (I was trying this in Livebook):
** (Protocol.UndefinedError) protocol Foo not implemented for %Bar{} of type Bar (a struct)
#cell:enx47nczjxo7awjw44j4cdlxiv536l3w:1: Foo.impl_for!/1
#cell:enx47nczjxo7awjw44j4cdlxiv536l3w:2: Foo.foo/1
#cell:2zzjhjq5howfzuc33tjy7lttvaatqq2r:1: (file)
I compared the source code in these 2 versions, and the only difference I saw is
- elixir/lib/elixir/lib/protocol.ex at a285e5876b6f69e7c340d04851aae63c8a32bf1d · elixir-lang/elixir · GitHub
- elixir/lib/elixir/lib/protocol.ex at c5151e6890b5ac8df13276459696f0f47a8e634b · elixir-lang/elixir · GitHub
I don’t know if this is relevant. Please take a look. Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
You can do this to define an implementation for
Bar, but I’m positive your version is not supposed to break as well.Aetherus
Thank you for your quick reply. Saved my day.
al2o3cr
FWIW, this is an issue that will be fixed in 1.14.2:
https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/issues/12186