Vovchikan
I have tried this code:
def my_func(params) do
...
|> select(
[l],
%{
date: fragment("date_trunc('?',?) as date",
^params.date_trunc_type,
l.inserted_at),
}
)
...
|> Repo.all()
end
But i’m stacked at this error:
** (Postgrex.Error) ERROR 42P18 (indeterminate_datatype) could not determine data type of parameter $1
query: SELECT date_trunc('$1',s0."inserted_at") as date...
My Modules:
defmodule Administration.Reports.Params do
...
alias Administration.Enum.DateTruncType
embedded_schema do
...
field :date_trunc_type, DateTruncType, default: :month
end
...
end
defmodule Administration.Enum.DateTruncType do
use EctoEnum,
hour: "hour",
day: "day",
month: "month",
year: "year"
end
I want to construct this sql’s SELECTs
SELECT date_trunc('hour', inserted_at)
SELECT date_trunc('day', inserted_at)
SELECT date_trunc('month', inserted_at)
SELECT date_trunc('year', inserted_at)
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
joey_the_snake
When you are using fragments Ecto doesn’t know what type you are using so it won’t convert the atom to string. You need to tell it the type using type/2. This can be either a field name or a type name.
More info: Ecto.Query.API — Ecto v3.14.0
LostKobrakai
Also remove the quotes around the parameter. If the parameter is a string postgres can deal with that without you putting quotes up.
Vovchikan
This worked! I tried
type/2before like this, but this didn’t work. Mb @LostKobrakai advice helped or i’ve usedtype/2wrong.@LostKobrakai, @joey_the_snake ty for help.