xinz
Hello everyone! ![]()
I’d like to share JSONSchex, a JSON Schema Draft 2020-12 library for Elixir focused on correctness, repeated-validation performance, and practical OpenAPI workflows.
The basic idea: compile once, validate many times.
# Compile once.
{:ok, schema} =
JSONSchex.compile(%{
"type" => "array",
"items" => %{"type" => "integer"}
})
# Validate repeatedly.
:ok = JSONSchex.validate(schema, [1, 2, 3])
{:error, errors} = JSONSchex.validate(schema, [1, "oops"])
# Format structured errors when you need readable messages.
Enum.map(errors, &JSONSchex.format_error/1)
A few highlights:
- Draft 2020-12 supported in full, with 100% coverage from the official JSON Schema Test Suite.
- Designed for performance and simplicity, compile a schema once into an executable
Schemastruct, then validate data repeatedly with no repeated parsing overhead. - Compile-time schemas using
JSONSchex.Schema.compile!/2or the~Xsigil. - Structured errors with paths, failed rules, and context – not just a pass/fail result.
- Reference handling with configurable remote loaders, plus APIs to compile or bundle schemas embedded in larger documents, such as
OpenAPI 3.*.
Recent work has focused on reducing repeated compilation, regex matching, and intermediate allocations. The repository includes benchmarks for some cross-library comparisons and JSONSchex before/after comparisons—results are workload-dependent, so I’d especially welcome real-world schemas to test against.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Thanks!
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex









