monte

monte

Hi everyone!

I’ve released langchain_mcp v0.2.0 - an addon to LangChain that connects your agents with the growing ecosystem of Model Context Protocol (MCP) servers.

This library acts as a bridge, automatically discovering tools from any MCP-compatible server and converting them into LangChain functions your agents can use immediately. Instead of manually writing integrations for services like GitHub operations, database access, or filesystem manipulation, you get instant access to their full toolkits through familiar function calls with automatic schema conversion.

Quick start: Add {:langchain_mcp, "~> 0.2.0"} to your mix.exs deps, define an MCP client, and tools are automatically discovered for use in LLM chains. The library handles multi-modal content support, comprehensive error handling, and works with the expanding collection of MCP servers already available.

Documentation: LangChain MCP — LangChain MCP v0.2.0
Repository:

https://github.com/montebrown/langchain_mcp

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ausimian
Castle is a package I put together to assist with building Elixir releases capable of being live-upgraded via the ‘official’ release hand...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews