danschultzer
Pow Core Team
I wrote this blog post based on our experiences setting up continuous delivery for our first production umbrella Phoenix app. Coming from capistrano with Rails, I wanted to have something equally simple and flexible for our Phoenix app. Ansible with distillery was the answer.
We’ve used this set up in production for a while now and it has been working flawlessly. I hope it will help others save time going from development to production deployment.
Blog post - https://dreamconception.com/tech/phoenix-automated-build-and-deploy-made-simple/
Sample repo - https://github.com/danschultzer/ansible-phoenix-build
Trending in Guides/Tuts
I’ve spent some time understanding how to do hot code reloading with releases built using mix release, and here I’d like to detail the st...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










First Post!- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dustinfarris
Hi @danschultzer, thanks for writing this. I’m going to use your post to inform my own build/deployment. Has anything changed since you wrote this in Dec '17?
Most Liked
danschultzer
Updated to Elixir 1.9.0 so
mix releaseis used instead of:distilleryaxelson
Nice, thanks for updating it! It looks quite helpful. I have a quick suggestion. For anyone visiting that post via Google I’d recommend putting a “updated at” date or note in the blog post itself, otherwise I’d worry that people would land there and dismiss the blog post as “outdated” without actually reading it.
danschultzer
Yeah, you’re absolutely right. Thanks for pushing me to finally update the theme to show the updated date