halostatue

halostatue

Over the last several months, I’ve been using Tableau to rebuild my long-neglected website. Tableau is part of the Elixir Tools project headed by @mhanberg, and is built on top of MDEx by @leandrocp. This library is one of ten libraries and Elixir extensions that I built. Most of these were built with the assistance of Kiro.

TableauEexExtension is like Tableau’s Tableau.PageExtension and Tableau.PostExtension in that it reads all files in a configurable directory (_eex/ by default) and renders them as files in the source root. It’s suitable for well-known files where some dynamic content would be beneficial: robots.txt, humans.txt, etc.

Where Tableau.PageExtension and Tableau.PostExtension render to HTML and transform the name (_page/about.md becomes <base_url>/about/index.html), TableauEexExtension keeps the filename provided without the .eex extension (_eex/humans.txt becomes /humans.txt).

Example

# _eex/humans.txt.eex
/* TEAM */
Author: <%= @config.author %>
Site: <%= @config.url %>

/* SITE */
Last update: <%= Date.to_iso8601(Date.utc_today()) %>

This generates:

/* TEAM */
Author: Austin Ziegler
Site: https://halostatue.ca

/* SITE */
Last update: 2026-03-06

https://github.com/halostatue/tableau_eex_extension

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews