lawik
Nerves Core Team
Erlang Ecosystem Foundation launches a company registry.
https://marketing.erlef.org/news/registry-announce.html
The Registry is the free way to contribute as a company and our way to build a vetted list of companies using the Erlang ecosystem.
Hopefully registering your place of work is a no-brainer.
What we should all do is reach out to companies we know in the ecosystem with this marketing page and encourage them to sign up. Ideal contact is a technical decision maker or higher up but we’ll take a regular developer for sure if they feel empowered to register.
Let us know if there are any issues you encounter ![]()
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Dmk
Love this - just did it for both of my companies!
cmo
What was the motivation to do this page as a live, opposed to a dead, view?
Those connection lost popups that appear when returning to the tab break my heart.
netoum
Just noticed the top title link for “Announcing registry.erlef.org” is wrong. Take us to 404
lawik
Definitely things to improve on making those disconnecty things only show when relevant. I believe there was a good snippet going around. Gotta see if I can find it.
Fair question.
We have more plans that will benefit from the site being dynamic. Visualizing contributions, annoyncing new sponsors, things like that. There is also a fair bit of backend around editing, approving and so on. Making it a liveview backend and a static generated front would also have likely kept me from shipping the thing way longer, would have made a weirder end project to maintain. Now it is very straightforward Phoenix and Ash.
lawik
Funky. PR welcome
Lucassifoni
Thanks for this initiative.
Was the addition of country and/or language fields debated ? In my experience a real blocker to adoption in France is the lack of identified French-speaking companies that have Elixir / BEAM ecosystem experience. An official registry would be of great use. I don’t know which other cultures are that focused on local language though.
If this is a desirable addition, I would be happy to help.
lawik
It has been suggested after we launched it. Would be happy to add it when I get a moment. If you have particular suggestions about how to it particularly well I’d love to hear about that as well.
Lucassifoni
A great first step would be offering geographical location of an entity, at least at a country level which is enough to paint a broad vision of available companies in X country. Being able to filter the list by country would be great.
This would allow local communities to redirect to the country-level list while having introduced the subject in their local language - as an example I wouldn’t ask the EEF to maintain French copy, but could refer them to a pre-filtered list on the EEF site, either in slides, an e-mail, or a web page.
If there is interest expressed towards an actual geographical map, it gets a bit more complex as some companies will have multiple locations and a (City, Country) level of precision is a better UX. But I wasn’t thinking about a map, because it creates more vetting and verification work.
Language would be a nice touch but is a separate dimension. The ability to select one or more languages as a company profile creator would be nice. Then someone could link to german-speaking Elixir companies, but not care as much about the geographical aspect.
Note that those are only suggestions
.