wanton7

wanton7

Our company has used virtual actor framework called Orleans that is for C#/.Net Framework. There are clones of it in Erlang GitHub - erleans/erleans: Erlang Orleans · GitHub and Elixir GitHub - CrowdHailer/pachyderm: Virtual actors for elixir · GitHub

Today I stumbled on a runtime that allows you to build virtual actors with basically any language, Elixir included, it’s called Dapr https://dapr.io .

It’s not yet 1.0 but it’s repository is here GitHub - dapr/dapr: Dapr is a portable runtime for building distributed applications across cloud and edge, combining event-driven architecture with workflow orchestration. · GitHub and announcement can be found here Announcing Distributed Application Runtime (Dapr), an open source project to make it easier for every developer to build microservice applications | Microsoft Open Source Blog

Showing Posts 1 to 3

wanton7

wanton7 OP

Found videos about it in YouTube

Rich_Morin

Rich_Morin

Five years on from the most recent post in this thread, I find myself wondering whether anyone has combined Dapr and Elixir in anger. FWIW, I asked hex.bin about dapr and got no hits at all.

-r

Rich_Morin

Rich_Morin

crickets…

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews