RDP1974

RDP1974

Hello,
How about webassembly and serversiderendering with Elixir ?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

hauleth

hauleth

I see no connection.

ityonemo

ityonemo

someone is working on it:

https://github.com/lumen/lumen

tessi

tessi

I am actually working on WASM in elixir backends:

https://github.com/tessi/wasmex/

It uses wasmer.io to execute WASM in a NIF. It already works for WASM and full WASI support is very close.
The people at wasmer.io are currently rewriting their engine, which promises sizable performance improvements. I am currently porting wasmex to their (at the moment private) rewrite.

The API of wasmex should stay relatively stable, I know of at least two projects already using it in production.

Both wasmer and the wasmex NIF are written in rust - which should reduce the likeliness of crashes compared to other NIf’s from random internet strangers :wink:

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

I’ve been toying with wasm on the front side… using Rust, wasm-pack and wasm-bindgen to build a wasm powered web component. You can use it in any templates, or frameworks by using the custom tag.

But as @hauleth mentionned, it’s not connected to ssr :slight_smile:

I am expecting a lot of lumen, to have BEAM available as wasm.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews