Asd
A very short and simple library which implements compile-time enums on top of erlang :atomics module.
Use cases
- Configuration, where values change in runtime
- Configuration, where values are accessed frequently and accessing them become a bottleneck
- Inter-process store for some flags, options or parameters.
Example
defmodule FeatureFlags do
use AtomicFlags, schema: [
feature_enabled: [false, true]
]
end
iex> require FeatureFlags
iex> flags = FeatureFlags.new()
iex> FeatureFlags.set(flags, :feature_enabled, true)
iex> FeatureFlags.get(flags, :feature_enabled)
true
Or with global: true
defmodule GlobalFeatureFlags do
use AtomicFlags,
global: true,
schema: [
feature: [:disabled, :for_preview, :enabled]
]
end
iex> require GlobalFeatureFlags
iex> GlobalFeatureFlags.new_global()
iex> GlobalFeatureFlags.set(:feature, :for_preview)
iex> GlobalFeatureFlags.get(:feature)
:for_preview
My experience
I am using a version of this library in my pet project and it is working fine, showing really good performance, compared to application env ets
Trending in Announcing
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub.
Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
New
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
thiagomajesk
Great job! Slap a live dashboard page on top of it for configuration, and then you can compete directly with LaunchDarkly, haha