boiserunner
I have a LiveView that creates a changeset on mount and validate.
defp build_changeset(data) do
types = %{email: :string, distance_id: :integer}
changeset = {data, types} |> Ecto.Changeset.cast(%{}, Map.keys(types)) |> Ecto.Changeset.validate_required([:email, :distance_id])
changeset
end
And a simple form. It presents multiple options to the user, so I’m relying on a wrapping a radio
<.form as={:form} for={@changeset} :let={f} phx-change="validate" phx-submit="save">
<.input field={f[:email]} type="email" />
<%= for vd <- @distances do %>
<label
for={"form_distance_id_" <> to_string(vd.id)}>
<input type="radio" id={"form_distance_id_" <> to_string(vd.id)} name="form[distance_id]" value={vd.id} class="sr-only" />
<!-- various aesthetic elements -->
</label>
<% end %>
...
When I first click one of these labels, my validate event fires and I see params for my changeset:
Parameters: %{"_target" => ["form", "email"], "form" => %{"distance_id" => "23", "email" => "test@test.com"}}
However, if I start editing the email field, the distance_id is wiped away.
Parameters: %{"_target" => ["form", "email"], "form" => %{"email" => "test@test.com"}}
Without complete form values, I can only rebuild a partial changeset, thus wiping out prior user selections. Anything stand out?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
Hey @boiserunner you need to set a
checkedattribute on the input that has the value you’ve set. Something like:boiserunner
Confirmed, this works.
Not a complete face-palm moment, but maybe like… 65%? 70%?
Thank you!