AstonJ
Please see the new poll here: Which code editor or IDE do you use? (Poll) (2022 Edition)
It’s been a while since we first asked this, I wonder if things have changed much… please let us know which code editor or IDE you are using and if possible, your set-up and plugins used too.
- Vim
- Gvim
- MacVim
- NeoVim
- Emacs
- SpaceMacs - Evil Mode
- SpaceMacs - Holy Mode
- Sublime Text 2
- Sublime Text 3
- Atom
- TextMate 1
- TextMate 2
- IntelliJ
- Visual Studio Code
- Rubymine
- Other
0
voters
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 41 to 50- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dwahyudi
i’m using it for my work (rails, js and elixir).
it is in my opinion, the best text editor right now.
i was a long time vim user, but when looking at spacemacs, lots of good things surprise me.
mkunikow
You can customize theme for neotree
spacemacs/doc/DOCUMENTATION.org at master · syl20bnr/spacemacs · GitHub
I would like to see pimp emacs with new modern ui
bobbypriambodo
I’ve tried all four customizations, still nowhere near acceptable for me, sadly…
I have long succumbed to the assumption that most programmers just don’t prioritize UI and syntax coloring
I’ve had enough of high contrast syntax themes with vivid colors, but the low contrast ones such as Solarized and Zenburn are too… weird?
Lately I’ve been using Nord theme, which has a calm and cool atmosphere with it while having just enough contrast for highlighting, for almost everything (Vim, Atom, iTerm2, etc.) and I’m loving it. It’s just so beautiful. Sadly there’s still no Emacs/Spacemacs port for it.
AstonJ
You must be doing it wrong
(That is on MacVim btw - I haven’t ported things over to SpaceMacs yet..)
NobbZ
I do not like treeviews at all, I do prefer
find-file-in-project(or similar). Atom does provide similar functionality by hittingCTRL-P.OvermindDL1
Huh, It’s
Ctrl+there and I’ve not changed that keybinding…kostonstyle
Which one would you choose, vs code or intellj?
bobbypriambodo
Good point, but I use treeview on Atom for 1) creating new files or folders, 2) moving files around, 3) get a glimpse of the current state of working dir in git (Atom’s git integration is awesome). I think I’m not good enough at doing these things on either Vim or Emacs
I’m currently trying not to depend on treeviews that much and instead embrace the power of ctrlp.
It’s both Cmd+T and Cmd+P here on OSX, I suppose it’s the same too on Windows and LInux.
OvermindDL1
Ctrl+p is the Command Pallette here on the default Windows install, so definitely not the same, how interesting…
NobbZ
Well, When I do write CTRL-P I do mean to press “CTRL” and “P”, when I write CTRL-SHIFT-P, I mean to press that three, so maybe thats where the confusion comes from