Allyedge
Hey, I want to learn Elixir OTP and I wanted to know if there are any good resources that teach it. I found some web pages, but none of them is detailed.
Thanks!
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
josefrichter
I think this one is wonderful, probably the best course I’ve ever taken: Developing With Elixir and OTP Course | The Pragmatic Studio
The Pragmatic books are also wonderful, both the “basic” ones (Programming Elixir, Programming Phoenix), but especially if you want to dig even deeper with the advanced ones. See Pragprog.com q=elixir
Interestingly, Pragmatic Studio and Pragmatic Books have nothing in common, as far as I know. It’s just coincidence in names I think. And of course I keep confusing them and land on the “wrong” website every time I am looking for one of them
EDIT: oh and OF COURSE Sasa Jurcic’s Elixir in Action (2nd edition) is an absolute must have! Elixir in Action, Second Edition - Saša Jurić
IloSophiep
I would recommend the official elixir guide. The relevant chapters start with Introduction to Mix.
Not the whole guide is directly related to OTP only but I think it’s a very well thought through package you get.
Allyedge
Will check them out!
Allyedge
Thanks, will read those as well!
kokolegorille
One good free resource… in Erlang.
If You can deal with the syntax difference
josefrichter
Speaking of Erlang resources, the legendary LYSE is a fabulous material well worth reading for Elixir users too. It’s in-depth, but written in very playful way. And to be honest, after a short while the Erlang syntax is fairly easy to read and write for any elixirista! https://learnyousomeerlang.com/
Allyedge
It looks like a great place to learn more the “theory-side” of OTP since I don’t know Erlang. (I’m planning to learn it in the future, though.
) Pretty cool, thanks!
Allyedge
Thanks again!
stefanchrobot
I would suggest going through Elixir in Action - you’ll roll your own simple version of GenServer and get introduced to other OTP concepts.
APB9785
Concurrent Data Processing in Elixir also covers OTP with some useful practice scenarios.