vinibrl

vinibrl

Hi everyone :waving_hand:

I released Gut 0.1.0. I wanted a small API for places where an application needs a concrete value, but the input needs subjective judgment. Gut asks an LLM to choose from a fixed set of options, then maps the answer back to the original Elixir value.

For example, you can route a support ticket:

Gut.feel(ticket, "Which team should handle this?",
 billing: "Payments, invoices, and refunds",
 technical: "Product defects and access problems",
 other: "Anything else"
)
#=> {:ok, :billing}

Other examples include classifying sentiment:

Gut.feel(review, "What is the sentiment?", [:positive, :neutral, :negative])
#=> {:ok, :positive}

Scoring urgency or severity:

Gut.feel(messages, "How frustrated is the customer?", 1..5)
#=> {:ok, 4}

Or making a bounded yes-or-no decision:

Gut.feel(report, "Does this need manual review?", [true, false])
#=> {:ok, true}

Gut has a dedicated adapter for Jev, which is a good fit for this kind of evaluation:

config :gut,
 adapter: {Gut.ReqLLM.Jev, model: "typesafe:jev-latest"}

It is not limited to Jev. You can use any model supported by ReqLLM:

config :gut,
 adapter: {Gut.ReqLLM, model: "anthropic:claude-haiku-4-5"}

You can also implement Gut.Adapter to use another provider or evaluation system.

Link to the full source on GitHub:

I would appreciate feedback on the API and any use cases where this could help.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews