Terbium-135
I’ve added a Live Component (within a nested schema) to a form. Changing the state of the component is neither persisted to the form nor an update event is sent.
Is it because the component has focus? But then at least the form update should succeed?
What did I miss?
Will be thankful for any help or pointers what to look at
Frontend is really not my scene…
Update event:
def handle_info({:updated_params, opts}, socket) do
changeset = Backend.Schema.Meal.changeset_quick_edit(socket.assigns.content, opts)
changeset = %{changeset | action: @check_for_errors}
changed = changeset.changes != %{}
form = to_form(changeset)
state = [
changed?: changed,
intolerances_as_string:
Intolerance.to_string(Ecto.Changeset.apply_changes(changeset).intolerance,
locale: socket.assigns.locale
),
form: form
]
{:noreply, socket |> assign(state)}
end
Changeset:
changeset #=> #Ecto.Changeset<
action: nil,
changes: %{
intolerance: #Ecto.Changeset<
action: :update,
changes: %{gluten_by_variety: [:wheat, :rye, :oats]},
errors: [],
data: #Backend.Schema.Intolerance<>,
valid?: true,
...
>
},
errors: [],
data: #Backend.Schema.Meal<>,
valid?: true,
...
>
Form (simplified):
<.form
class="text_black dark:text_zinc_800"
for={@form}
phx-change="validate"
phx-submit="save"
>
<.input class="!text-white" field={@form[:displayname]} phx-debounce="300" />
<.inputs_for :let={intolerances} field={@form[:intolerance]}>
debounce="300" /> --%>
<.live_component
id="glutens"
module={BackendWeb.Components.MultiSelectComponent}
options={@glutens}
locale={@locale}
field={intolerances[:gluten_by_variety]}
/>
<.live_component
id="nuts"
module={BackendWeb.Components.MultiSelectComponent}
options={@nuts}
locale={@locale}
field={intolerances[:nuts_by_variety]}
/>
</.inputs_for>
</.form>
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex












Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mindok
Updating focused input elements from the server doesn’t work by design - it is assumed that user input “takes priority” while the element is focused. See Syncing changes and optimistic UIs — Phoenix LiveView v1.2.5 for the challenges and model used.
I had to cook up a bit of an elaborate workaround a few days ago to handle checkbox clicks that toggle state server-side - I ended up using
JS.focusto push the focus to a hidden input (usingsr-onlytailwind class) so I could update the checkbox state. I’m sure someone here can give me some better ideas!As to the form not updating - do you mean the server representation of the form, or how it renders in the browser?