darraghenright

darraghenright

Been playing with Hologram for the first time this evening, and I am enjoying it a lot!

A couple of questions:

  1. Is the source code for the SVG Drawing Demo available online?
  2. Is it possible to reference aliased modules in colocated .holo templates?

The following didn’t work for me, but maybe I am not doing something right:

# in post_preview.ex
defmodule Blog.Components.PostPreview do
  use Hologram.Component
  alias Hologram.UI.Link

  prop :post, :map
end
<!-- in post_preview.holo -->
<article class="post-preview">
  <h2>{@post.title}</h2>
  <p>{@post.excerpt}</p>
  <Link to={Blog.Pages.PostPage, id: @post.id}>Read more</Link>
</article>

Using the fully qualified module name for the link worked as expected:

<Hologram.UI.Link to={Blog.Pages.PostPage, id: @post.id}>Read more</Hologram.UI.Link>

Anyway, this is a super interesting library, I’ll star and keep a close eye!

Showing Posts 1 to 4

bartblast

bartblast

Creator of Hologram

@darraghenright :slight_smile:

Here’s the most important part:
https://forum.elixirforum.com/t/hologram-v0-5-0-released/71830/11
There’s really nothing much more to it - the rest is just the layout. I plan to eventually add a “Demos” section to the website that will feature different demos from users with their source code."

Yes, it should work - I believe you discovered a bug. I’ll prioritize it.

bartblast

bartblast

Creator of Hologram

@darraghenright, I’ve just pushed a fix for the alias resolving bug in colocated templates.
The fix is now in the dev branch, but since I have a new v0.6.0 minor release coming very soon, I’ll include this fix in that release rather than doing a patch release now.
In the meantime, if you’d like to use the fix right away, you can point to the specific commit in your mix.exs dependencies:

{:hologram, git: "https://github.com/bartblast/hologram.git", ref: "690868ac666ee50125079e9529129e6b6fda43da"}
darraghenright

darraghenright OP

Damn you’re good. Just sanity checked, works a treat!

bartblast

bartblast

Creator of Hologram

Sweet! :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews