mythicalprogrammer

mythicalprogrammer

Phx version 1.4 & Coherence via a branch that suppose to work with Ecto 3 and 1.4

I’m trying to add username col/field to user schema/table and getting user to be able to register.

The problem I’m getting is that when they create the form return an error telling me the username cannot be blank.

For coherence user model:

  schema "users" do
    field(:name, :string)
    field(:username, :string)
    field(:email, :string)
    coherence_schema()

    timestamps()
  end

  @doc false
  @spec changeset(Ecto.Schema.t(), Map.t()) :: Ecto.Changeset.t()
  def changeset(model, params \\ %{}) do
    model
    |> cast(params, ~w(username name email)a ++ coherence_fields())
    |> validate_required([:name, :username, :email])
    |> validate_format(:email, ~r/@/)
    |> unique_constraint(:username)
    |> unique_constraint(:email)
    |> validate_coherence(params)
  end

For the coherence register template I’ve added:


<%= required_label f, dgettext(“coherence”, “username”), class: “control-label” %>
<%= text_input f, :username, class: “form-control”, required: “” %>
<%= error_tag f, :username%>

My postgresql table currently:

 Column         |              Type              | Collation | Nullable |              Default

------------------------±-------------------------------±----------±---------±----------------------------------
id | bigint | | not null | nextval(‘users_id_seq’::regclass)
name | character varying(255) | | |
username | character varying(255) | | |
email | character varying(255) | | |
password_hash | character varying(255) | | |
reset_password_token | character varying(255) | | |
reset_password_sent_at | timestamp(0) without time zone | | |
failed_attempts | integer | | | 0
locked_at | timestamp(0) without time zone | | |
sign_in_count | integer | | | 0
current_sign_in_at | timestamp(0) without time zone | | |
last_sign_in_at | timestamp(0) without time zone | | |
current_sign_in_ip | character varying(255) | | |
last_sign_in_ip | character varying(255) | | |
unlock_token | character varying(255) | | |
inserted_at | timestamp(0) without time zone | | not null |
updated_at | timestamp(0) without time zone | | not null |
Indexes:
“users_pkey” PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
“users_email_index” UNIQUE, btree (email)
“users_username_index” UNIQUE, btree (username)

So from the get go my migration have the username field for the user table when creating user table. I then also made a migration update users table to make the username unique via index.

So far I’ve checked the conherence controller, the coherence registration view, and also the coherence schema context. I’ve gone through the coherence registration template and to be honest I get what’s going on but not fully (i’m not well verse with phoenix template).

The terminal output show that the form does submit username. The problem is when it insert SQL to postgresql Etco does not put username in the SQL.

Thank you for your time

Showing Posts 1 to 1

mythicalprogrammer

mythicalprogrammer OP

I figured it out in the config.exs file I needed to add username in registration_permitted_attributes list.

# %% Coherence Configuration %%   Don't remove this line
config :coherence,
  registration_permitted_attributes: [
    "email",
    "name",
    "username",
    "password",
    "current_password",
    "password_confirmation"
  ],
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews