geo

geo

Author of Phoenix in Action

To celebrate the final release of Phoenix in Action, I’ve got a giveaway today! I have a small email list from collecting emails on my website (https://geoffreylessel.com) that is very low volume. Seriously – in the 2 plus years since I created it, I’ve sent out 1 email to the list and it was announcing the start of writing the book.

Anyway, I’m going to be giving away 2 codes for the ebook version of Phoenix in Action to subscribers of the list. If you’re interested, please head over to Geoffrey Lessel and sign up. I’ll be choosing a winner at random on Sunday night at 8pm Pacific time and will let you know via email if you’ve won.

If you’d rather not sign up for my list, I understand. Just reply to this thread that you’d like to be entered as well and I’ll take your entries into account.

Of course, if you’d rather just buy it, I’d really appreciate that! If you could use my special link I’ll get just a sliver more from Manning for the sale: Phoenix in Action - Geoffrey Lessel

Showing Posts 1 to 8

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Subscribed. Even if I don’t win, I’ll definitely buy!

Artemitch

Artemitch

Congratulations on the release! I’ve subscribed and have my fingers crossed :slightly_smiling_face:

geo

geo OP

Author of Phoenix in Action

Subscribed. Even if I don’t win, I’ll definitely buy!

Thanks! I appreciate it.

geo

geo OP

Author of Phoenix in Action

Congratulations on the release! I’ve subscribed and have my fingers crossed :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! Good luck.

bruno_m_campos

bruno_m_campos

Congratulations on the book release. I also subscribed :smiley:

mat_garland_1

mat_garland_1

Congratulations @geo on the release of your book. Additionally, I have just signed up for your mailing list. Thank you for the opportunity. Cheers Mat

geo

geo OP

Author of Phoenix in Action

Thanks everyone for signing up. The winners have been notified via email.

If you didn’t win and are still interested in grabbing a copy, you can use code wm052419au to get 50% off anything including Phoenix in Action, Elixir in Action, or any other of Manning’s content through tomorrow (May 28).

Again, if you do want to take advantage of the discount, please use this link as your starting point: Phoenix in Action - Geoffrey Lessel. I’ll get a tiny bit more from Manning (and a small affiliate-sized amount from anything you buy while visiting the site after following the link).

Thanks to everyone for the great response to the giveaway!

ibarch

ibarch

I’ve subscribed to your mail list anyway. I’d like you to write more books targeted at advanced readers.
Thanks for Phoenix in Action! :+1:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
ausimian
Emily is an Elixir library that runs Nx computations on Apple’s MLX. Install it as the default Nx backend and Nx, defn, Axon, Nx.Serving,...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews