josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Hi everyone!

The team at Dashbit have been working on a coding agent that is deeply integrated with Phoenix (and also Rails) and understands your web application, from the database to the UI. We have just launched it and we hope you will enjoy it. Here is the announcement: Tidewave Web: in-browser coding agent for Rails and Phoenix - Tidewave

Showing Posts 1 to 10

abreujp

abreujp

I tested it and it’s fantastic, I hope to use it more in the future, but I confess that paying for another paid service in dollars while earning in reais makes me take a deep breath, but it’s very much worth it. :smiling_face:

vkryukov

vkryukov

Congratulations on the launch!

Since I assume some (many?) of us are already using monthly subscriptions like Claude Code Pro/Max, I’m wondering how hard would it be to use Tidewave Web with Claude Code SDK?

I will be happy to pay Tidewave subscription, but paying for all the extra Anthropic tokens while I already have CC would be tough.

olivermt

olivermt

Same here. However once openrouter support is in place for models like kimi2 or qwen3 I am ready to jump on.

I know opencode supports using cc login, but I suspect that is reverse engineered and outside ToS :confused:

cvkmohan

cvkmohan

Very interesting. we have @chrismccord launching https://phoenix.new a few weeks back and now @josevalim launching https://tidewave.ai. I am reasonably sure, both approaches use GitHub - tidewave-ai/tidewave_phoenix: Tidewave for Phoenix · GitHub under the hood. First, these two dabbling their hands at this means two things.

  1. Agentic coding is going to be a real thing.
  2. Elixir is somehow more suited to this than many other languages.
    I have been contemplating for sometime now what makes a good agent. What is the best way to make the agentic coding optimal. When we say optimal agentic coding optimal, we again mean these things:
  3. Generate correct code.
  4. Use optimal number of tokens.
  5. Generate code by keeping the current project in mind - not some generic patterns.
  6. Optimal edits.
    For attaining these things essentially improvements can come in two directions:
  7. How to prepare better context - so that agent can send the optimal prompt to LLM.
  8. How to reduce the plies/turns between agent and human interaction cycles.
    Now, step 1 - providing better context is done by the open sourced GitHub - tidewave-ai/tidewave_phoenix: Tidewave for Phoenix · GitHub
    For step 2 - providing a browser to be aware of what is happening - that is where both tidewave and phoenix.new are coming up with their own takes. It is more like some playwright integration into the agent - for reducing turns between agent and human interaction cycles.
    I believe efforts in these two areas will keep on easing the developer pain - and are mandatory for vibe coding to morph into real coding.
    The inbuilt AST of Elixir, very stable patterns in coding, the functional nature combined together place Elixir, Phoenix and LiveView with a distinct advantage in building real time applications in the Agentic Era.
    Exciting times ahead.
josevalim

josevalim OP

Creator of Elixir

If you are paying for Pro/Max, please reach out to Claude and let them know you would like to use your Claude Pro/Max subscription with other coding services like Tidewave. Unfortunately we can’t use the Claude Pro/Max APIs according to their ToS.

Hermanverschooten

Hermanverschooten

After upgrading to 0.4 the /tidewave/mcp endpoint no longer works?

josevalim

josevalim OP

Creator of Elixir

v0.4 updated the protocol to streaming http. So make sure your editor supports it and you update the MCP-proxy, if you’re using one.

Hermanverschooten

Hermanverschooten

For me this means:

claude mcp remove tidewave
claude mcp add --transport http tidewave http://127.0.0.1:4000/tidewave/mcp

Thanks @josevalim

rocket4ce

rocket4ce

I’m already subscribed, and my experience so far has been amazing!! Adding new features has never been this easy—thank you so much for the work you’ve put into this!!! My congratulations!! :tada:

JoeZMar

JoeZMar

I am actually blown away by this. I have been using Elixir since early 2017 and since around phoenix 1.2. I retired around 2018 and since then haven’t worked in a professional setting or with other developers so keeping up with things became more difficult than when I had a job as a Rails dev. The last few years I have been making phoenix apps by myself for people mostly through word of mouth, but once vibe coding really became a thing I kind of ignored it because I was already in my groove. This is my first taste of ai mixed in with the development beyond asking Claude quesitons, and I think I got 3 weeks worth of work done on an app last night alone. This thing is coo!

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
ausimian
Emily is an Elixir library that runs Nx computations on Apple’s MLX. Install it as the default Nx backend and Nx, defn, Axon, Nx.Serving,...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews