Webauthn: testers appreciated (Two factor auth)

We’ve recently released webauthn a package to make your site a webauthn relying party. If you are interested in adding two factor authentication to your applications, this is the library for you. Your users will now be able to add an additional layer of security by authenticating with a security key (yubikey), or a compatible computer/phone.

This is an alpha release so there still may be some kinks that need to be worked out. Over the next few days I will be working on setting up an example phoenix application that I hope people can test out their windows laptops and/or android devices since we’ve not tested this to work on those platforms using real hardware.

Once we are out of alpha, I hope to work with the maintainers of hex.pm so that the elixir community can add an extra layer of protection to our shared resources. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, or if you run into any issues post the to github and we will look into them.

9 Likes

How does this compare to Wax?

In any case, good to see more adoption of WebAuthn. It’s something I hope I get time to implement in Pow soon.

4 Likes

I’m super interested in WebAuthn, if anyone is using it in production please let me know. I want to collect a list, but so far only have example sites.

2 Likes

Good to see that as of IOS 13.3 Webauthn is now part of IOS too: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/12/idevices-finally-get-key-based-protection-against-account-takeovers/

4 Likes