tomciopp

tomciopp

We’ve recently released webauthn a package to make your site a webauthn relying party. If you are interested in adding two factor authentication to your applications, this is the library for you. Your users will now be able to add an additional layer of security by authenticating with a security key (yubikey), or a compatible computer/phone.

https://github.com/scalpel-software/webauthn

This is an alpha release so there still may be some kinks that need to be worked out. Over the next few days I will be working on setting up an example phoenix application that I hope people can test out their windows laptops and/or android devices since we’ve not tested this to work on those platforms using real hardware.

Once we are out of alpha, I hope to work with the maintainers of hex.pm so that the elixir community can add an extra layer of protection to our shared resources. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, or if you run into any issues post the to github and we will look into them.

Showing Posts 1 to 3

danschultzer

danschultzer

Pow Core Team

How does this compare to Wax?

In any case, good to see more adoption of WebAuthn. It’s something I hope I get time to implement in Pow soon.

Crowdhailer

Crowdhailer

Creator of Raxx

I’m super interested in WebAuthn, if anyone is using it in production please let me know. I want to collect a list, but so far only have example sites.

https://forgetpasswords.com/t/websites-using-webauthn-in-the-wild/16

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Good to see that as of IOS 13.3 Webauthn is now part of IOS too: iPhones and iPads finally get key-based protection against account takeovers - Ars Technica

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews