Back End Engineer Elixir/Phoenix (SF Bay Area/Remote, Full-time)

About us

My name: Henry Mori
My position: Lead Engineer, B2B & D2C eCommerce
Company name: PepsiCo, Inc.
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):

PepsiCo eCommerce Engineering combines the agility and autonomy of a startup with the financial security of a Fortune 50 multinational.

We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area (SF and Palo Alto), Plano TX, as well as at our headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, NYC.

We’re remote friendly, offering a transparent and communicative environment for all our colleagues, wherever they happen to work from within the US.

We work in Elixir and we love it! Using Elixir, Phoenix & Absinthe, our engineering teams address real business needs and solve real problems, enabling our continued growth well into the future.

Although our team is growing fast – we’re on track to become the largest employer of Elixir engineers globally – we maintain high engineering standards through (among other processes) code review, testing and ongoing training.

Within just a few years, we’ve crossed $2n in eCommerce sales and we’re just getting started!

If you would like to wake up each day, excited by the prospect of writing Elixir at one of the world’s largest and best-loved brands, we’d love to hear from you!

About the job

Job title: Back End Engineer Elixir/Phoenix
Salary range: Competitive!
Position on remote work: SF, NYC, Plano TX, Remote (US only)
Qualifications or experience required:

You will own backend feature development end-to-end, spanning data models, testing, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.

We work in Elixir: however, languages can be learned. We put more emphasis on your general engineering skill and willingness to learn than knowledge of a particular language or framework.

We need you to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the backend as we continue to push technology forward.

Some technologies that we use - we don’t expect you to know all of these but some familiarity would be great:

• Functional programming e.g. Elixir, Clojure or Haskell
  • Ruby on Rails
  • Python
  • PostgreSQL

What the successful job applicant will be working on: Building cutting-edge systems in Elixir & Phoenix spanning eCommerce, supply chain and fulfillment automation to name a few.

About the interview process

• Quick call to introduce ourselves
  • Technical phone screen with myself or someone on my team
  • A morning or afternoon of onsite interviews where you’ll do a few more technical interviews (no whiteboards though!) and get to meet the team
  • Final decision

Further info

PM me through this forum or feel free to email me: henry dot mori at pepsico dot com. If you’re in the SF Bay area too, I’d love to meet up and grab a coffee!

7 Likes

Don’t you also have an office in Chicago? I’m not looking, just curious…

3 Likes

Sadly I’m in Shanghai/China.

2 Likes

Hi @sribe! Good catch! Yes, we do have a large Chicago office too :slight_smile: I’d update the main post if I could.

2 Likes

Hi @Aetherus! We do have a large presence in China, but unfortunately this role is US only. Thanks for your interest!

1 Like

Hi @pepsico !

Any remote work would be possible?

Hi @Lauren23 we do support remote work from anywhere within the US :slight_smile:

1 Like