KikisBomb
A coworker has written a controller test where he occasionally sends a test request twice in one test using the same connection. Here is an example (lines 81 and 84):
This was not previously a problem as the tests had passed. However, I am modifying the router to require JWT authentication, which involves setting the request header at one point. This causes “(Plug.Conn.AlreadySentError) the response was already sent”. I suspect it has to do with line 84 where the same connection was involved in another request. Is this bad practice? If not, how do I resolve the (Plug.Conn.AlreadySentError)? Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 3 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
blatyo
If I were doing this, I’d probably do:
That way
connis never rebound and is always the freshconnprovided to the test. However, I agree that making two requests in the same test is probably a code smell.KikisBomb
Yeah, I’ll make sure to use the markdown in the future.
I inserted conn = recycle(conn) right before the second (conn, path, params), but the headers were not recycled into the new conn. Also, after discussing with my coworker, I am deciding to limit each test to 1 http request. Thanks for the tip though, I’ll consider using recycle in the future for similar issues.
NobbZ
It’s usually fine to reuse the conn, perhaps
recyclehelps?If not, I think the big is in your implementation rather than in the tests.
Ps: it’s much easier to read if you actually copy and paste code and annotate it using standard markdown, than to put a screenshot, which is bad for smaller bandwidths or data plans.