ycastor
Lately i’m working a lot with NLP, and one of the most useful libraries is Google’s LangExtract, that provides a pretty neat approach to extract structured data from text, and of course, its in python. So i decided to port the library as close to LangExtract as possible, it still needs some work done, but thanks to ReqLLM - Composable LLM client built on Req - #31 by mikehostetler . Most of the work was already done haha. Most of the work was already done haha. So, here it is:
LLM-powered text extraction library for Elixir. Based on Google’s LangExtract
LeXtract enables you to extract structured information from unstructured text using Large Language Models (LLMs). It provides a simple, streaming API with support for multiple LLM providers.
Features
- Multi-Provider LLM Support - Works with OpenAI, Gemini, Anthropic, and other providers through ReqLLM
- Streaming API - Memory-efficient batch processing with lazy streams
- Automatic Text Chunking - Handles long documents with configurable chunk sizes and overlap
- Character-Level Alignment - Precise alignment of extractions to source text positions
- Schema Generation - Automatic schema inference from examples
- Template-Based Configuration - Reusable extraction templates in JSON or YAML
- Structured Output Mode - Enhanced reliability with schema validation
- Multi-Pass Extraction - Improved recall through multiple extraction passes
- Flexible Output Formats - Support for JSON and YAML output formats
Trending in Announcing
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub.
Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
New
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming









