robinvdvleuten

robinvdvleuten

I’ve been working on p1meter.dev (source: GitHub - mijnverbruik/p1meter.dev: Source behind p1meter.dev, the virtual P1 smart meter simulator · GitHub ), a small Phoenix LiveView project that provides a virtual smart meter P1 port for development and testing.

The idea is simple: if you are building software around Dutch or Belgian smart meters, home energy dashboards, DSMR parsing, P1 integrations, or TCP-based meter readers, you often need realistic telegram data. But having a physical smart meter, P1 cable, adapter, or test setup nearby is not always convenient.

p1meter.dev simulates a live DSMR 5.0 smart meter and streams telegrams over raw TCP.

You can try the live TCP stream with:

nc p1meter.dev 8080

The web interface shows a live preview of the simulated smart meter data, while the TCP endpoint emits the same kind of telegram stream that a P1 reader would receive.

The project itself is built with Phoenix LiveView. The simulated telegrams are generated using my dsmr package, which handles DSMR telegram data structures and formatting.

It is mainly useful for:

  • testing DSMR/P1 parsers without a real meter nearby

  • developing energy monitoring tools

  • experimenting with TCP-based P1 readers

  • demos, examples, and documentation

  • reproducing parser or integration issues with predictable input

The project is still intentionally small, but I’d like to keep improving it. Some things I’m considering:

  • more realistic usage patterns throughout the day

  • configurable meters or scenarios

  • support for more edge cases in telegram data

  • examples for consuming the stream from Elixir and other ecosystems

Feedback, ideas, bug reports, and contributions are very welcome.

Website:

Related DSMR package:

Repo:

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
kip
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews