thojanssens1
Let’s say I configure some of the assets (user uploads) to be served at /uploads:
plug Plug.Static,
at: "/uploads",
from: {:my_app, Application.fetch_env!(:my_app, :uploads_directory)}
plug Plug.Static,
at: "/",
from: :my_app
only: ~w(css fonts images js favicon.ico robots.txt)
How do I create img elements (for those user uploads) using that configuration? I guess there is a way to not hardcode “/uploads” for all the src attributes for the uploads?
Imagine I change the :at path from “/uploads” to something else, if I hardcoded “/uploads” in my img elements, I would have a huge application-wide refactor.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
Wrap whatever you do with the paths of files in a function and use that function.
thojanssens1
It’s a pity that this plug doesn’t take a param like “name” (which I would set e.g. to “upload”), then in the view I could write something like:
And the src path will be prefixed by the path configured in the Plug (
:at).Ofc I could write that function myself (this is what you suggested if I understood correctly). But I think something like that could be included be default.
LostKobrakai
Plug.Staticcannot do that. There’s no concept of route generation in plug at all. Phoenix does add that as part of its endpoint and router, but afaikstatic_pathis not aware ofPlug.Static. It just creates paths relative to your endpoint’s root. And that root can even be moutned in a folder as well, e.g. atmydomain.com/some/folder/. Theconnstruct might never be aware of that when mounted behind a reverse proxy and the/some/folderpart might only configured as part ofMyApp.Endpoint’s configuration.thojanssens1
Well there’s always a way to make things happen:D I think that there should be something on top of Plug Static that allows to generate paths based on the options given to Plug Static. In lack of that, in every project I’ll have to create helper functions in order to reflect these configurations in the views for the paths to the concerned assets.