** We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join FindHotel’s Online Travel Agency (OTA) tribe in Amsterdam or remotely (between UTC-3 and UTC+3 time zone). You will work with other squads across tribes and collaborate with other software engineers, data analysts, data scientist, designer and PO in the team.**
My name: Margarita
My position: Recruiter
Company name: Findhotel
Company website: https://careers.findhotel.net/
Company headquarters (country): Amsterdam, Netherlands
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
Findhotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller the best accommodation deal, worldwide. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
- We love Elixir
- We aim to help 10M customers book on FindHotel annually by 2023, up from 2M in the past 12 months. We do that using data, transparency and industry-leading features.
- We grew the number of bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year both in 2018 and 2019, and even managed to succeed in Corona times by growing bookings by +40% in 2020. Now that the travel market is opening again we are accelerating our growth rate.
- From our early beginnings as an organisation that excelled in user acquisition. In recent years we have grown into an engineering and product-driven organisation. Our independence from major players in the industry, and the maturity that we have achieved regarding user acquisition, engineering and product enables us to build customer features that nobody else in the industry will.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO’s blog post.
About the job
Job title: Senior Backend Engineer - Elixir
What you will do
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems, integrating accommodation providers and building blazing-fast services that serve their data.
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements regarding performance and code quality.
- Help improving our infrastructure and scale it to support our growth in a cost-effective way.
- Write design documents and participate in architecture meetings with the team, having the goal of future-proof the team’s applications.
- Support junior and intermediate engineers growth by coaching them in their daily tasks, and raising the bar of how things are done within both your team and the bigger engineering group.
- Report to the Engineering Lead of your squad.
Salary range: TBD, depends on location, your desirable salary and interview results
Position on remote work: Remote worldwide
Qualifications or experience required:
Who we are looking for
- You have proven experience in back-end development using a modern set up and tooling.
- You have strong commercial experience building applications using Elixir (3+years) or another functional programming language as Erlang or Clojure.
- You have a great understanding of APIs, databases, data structures, queues, and all things related to back-end, with a passion for automation.
- You have experience with AWS, devops (Kubernetes and Docker), and CI/CD tools (Travis or Jenkins, Terraform it’s a plus).
- You have worked on a production system that was exposed to scale (whether traffic or amount of data).
- You are always finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to the end-users.
- You write tests as part your coding routine, you work toward code quality and maintainability.
- You are familiar with Agile Methodologies.
- You treat documentation as a first-class citizen.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
About the interview process
HR interview - Hiring Manager interview - Test task - Test task review - Assessment day
Can be contacted by email email@example.com or Telegram @beta_juiletta