awksedgreep1

awksedgreep1

**Timeless Observability for Phoenix

Timeless is a suite of databases and dashboards that can be embedded in your Elixir Phoenix app to provide observability. A single igniter command line and it installs the necessary packages and wires up metrics, logs, and trace ingestion for you.

Installation guide:
Add igniter and timeless_phoenix to your deps. Run mix deps.get then . . .
mix igniter.install timeless_phoenix

You automatically get:

  • persistent metrics history
  • searchable logs
  • OpenTelemetry traces
  • dashboard mounted at /dashboard with dashboards for each.

The databases and dashboards are all maintained separately if you want to pick and choose which to deploy in your app.

Compression rates are generally 9-14:1 depending on the service with real data. There is an in memory option for those of you on SD cards(nerves, etc). Data is automatically rolled off based on your retention policy.

Advanced features:
Built in promql http endpoints, SVG graphing, predictive analysis, anomaly detection, alerting are all built in. Alerts are via http endpoint such as ntfy.sh.

Hit me up if you have questions. Please use github for any feature requests. A server version is in the works as well for users with full web farms they would like to send metrics/logs/traces to.

There’s also chat on the website if you want to chat: https://timelessmetrics.com

'njoy,
awk (Mark)

https://github.com/awksedgreep/timeless_phoenix

Showing Posts 1 to 1

awksedgreep1

awksedgreep1 OP

Podcast where we covered timeless on Elixir Mentor:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
kip
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews