AstonJ
New book by Alan Harper
Have you been experimenting with Elixir, and have got something you want to deploy and have got lost trying to work out how best to deploy it. Deploying Elixir takes you through basic deployments, hot loading and more.
https://leanpub.com/deployingelixir
Edit: Please see posts below for more info about the book from those who have purchased it…
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
An automated trigger fired every two minutes for 8 hours. 243 agent runs. 31M tokens.
$63 wasted. The problem: nobody noticed until morn...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sashaafm
I think I’m gonna really need this in a month or two because of my project’s getting close to the deadline. I’m gonna buy it and I can review and give some feedback when (if) I get around to reading it
AstonJ
Nice! Perhaps you can write a little wiki up for us as well
Here are some links that might be of interest:
http://www.phoenixframework.org/v0.6.2/docs/deployment
https://pragdave.me/blog/2013/12/20/deploying-elixir/
https://github.com/boldpoker/edeliver
And of course our Deploying Elixir thread
dgamidov
Guys, don’t buy it
Don’t waste your money!
It is 13 pages book:
pages 1-9 - useless information (title, about book, elixir installation, mix new)
pages 10-13 - Hot deployment - same information is here for free
I am upset with it and I will try to return my money back!
unlikely
Looks like it’s still in progress? Is there a website or blogpost for the book or the author with more information somewhere? The leanpub page is a little light on details, and having a character in a popular sitcom with the same name as the author is defeating my google-fu at the moment.
dgamidov
I don’t know if it is still in progress, because there is no progress bar.
For example, here is progress bar and you are able to assume book progress.
sashaafm
@dgamidov I bought it and yes it seems to be a 13 page book BUT it says it’s in heavy development and they will be releasing the rest of the book as they progress. Anyway there’s a 90 days refund policy so if there are no updates in 90 days I’m gonna ask for a refund because right now all the info on there can be retrieved with a 5 minute Google search.
EDIT: Wow that book’s 10% complete and last updated a year ago. What kind of scam is that?

EDIT2: I’m actually referring to the other book @dgamidov posted in my first edit. This one: https://leanpub.com/web-development-using-elixir not the Deployment Book we’re discussing in this topic.
AstonJ
I have edited the first post asking people to view posts first - a book really does need to be more than 13 pages before it goes on sale, or this should at least be stated clearly
dgamidov
@sashaafm BTW, I mentioned that book as an example of progress bar - I have not read it.
Mandemus
https://twitter.com/shanelogsdon/status/555547057721602049
dgamidov
I have just reached “Releasing Your Code” in “Programming Elixir 1.2” of Dave Thomas.
There is lot of information about releasing, deploying and upgrading application code