DaAnalyst
So, I just tried running our large Phoenix LiveView app as a Desktop app and it worked on my Linux (Intel) machine.
Then I tried android example app (in Android Studio) and it starts then crashes. Won’t even try our web app because it won’t run as it is on Android for sure for a number of reasons, but I’d like to see the android example app running before engaging further into thinking about porting our web app.
The short history of steps and issues with the android example app:
- The (new version of) Android Studio complained about Java 21 not being supported by the app so I let it use Oracle Java 1.18 SDK then it worked.
- Then the
run_mixfailed because it requiredlibglib2.0-dev(even for Android?), so I installed it and then it passed. - After this, the emulator started and the Todo app too but as soon as it starts it crashes (the Todo app). There was a notification on Android 16KB page size error.
- I created a new instance out of the 36.1 and edited it to 33 (downloaded the API). The page size notification is no more, but the Todo app still crashes a couple of secs after opening it.
Can you help on how to proceed?
Thanks
EDIT: This is from the Android Studio Logcat:
[notice] Application todo_app exited: exited in: TodoApp.start(:normal, [])
** (EXIT) exited in: DBConnection.Holder.c...
: TodoApp.Repo, timeout: 15000, pool_size: 10])
** (EXIT) no process: the process is not alive or there's no process cu...
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Latest in /Elixir Desktop
Latest on Elixir Forum
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
DaAnalyst
@dominicletz So I found the bug - it’s the combo of an unpinned
:exqliteversion (that:ecto_sqlite3depends on) and the prebuilt Erlang/Elixir.The quick fix is adding something like this to the
demo-example-app’smix.exs: