Rakakku

Rakakku

How can I check if a current request is GET or POST?

Showing Posts 1 to 5

joaquinalcerro

joaquinalcerro

You can get the method form the connection. Check the Plug.Conn documentation to see all the fields included:

peerreynders

peerreynders

That gets resolved by Phoenix.Router.

in router.ex:

get "/pages/:page", PageController, :show

i.e. a GET request is routed to PageController.show

post "/pages/:page", PageController, :create

a POST request is routed to PageController.create

so in PageController.show you know you are dealing with a GET request and in PageController.create you know you are dealing with a POST request.

Rakakku

Rakakku OP

get "/pages/:page", PageController, :aaa
post "/pages/:page", PageController, :aaa
peerreynders

peerreynders

Why would you route both GET and POST to PageController.aaa?

If there is any commonality between processing GET and POST, factor that logic out as separate function(s) that both PageController.show and PageController.create can use - while maintaining separate contexts of processing a GET or POST request.

Rakakku

Rakakku OP

Re-read my original question.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews