Isabelladr5

Isabelladr5

I am currently writing tests for my views and my coverage is being hindered due to the top two lines not being covered.

I’m assuming its probably because those lines don’t get executed during the run because they’re pre-compiled, but I’m not sure how to actually get around that.
If anyone knows how I can get around it please let me know?

I have tried to exclude or include only certain things but due to the heading not being a test that isn’t a solution.

Showing Posts 1 to 9

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Can you show us code?

Alia

Alia

Can you please show us the test that you have written so far?

Isabelladr5

Isabelladr5 OP

This is the test I have written:
and the lines of defmodule and the use ConnCase are not being covered.

So here is the test I have done and the test is covering correctly and it passing but you the heading is not being covered - If its possible I would like to either exclude that line so we can reach a higher coverage or how do I allow that to be covered as it seems those lines don’t get executed during the run because they’re pre-compiled.

Do you know how to go around this?

defmodule Web.Api.V1.NLUViewTest do
use Web.ConnCase, async: true
use Web, :view

test “renders sentiment” do
response = “response”
assert Web.Api.V1.NLUView.render(“sentiment.json”, %{:response => response}) == response
end

end

Isabelladr5

Isabelladr5 OP

This is the test I have written:
and the lines of defmodule and the use ConnCase are not being covered.

So here is the test I have done and the test is covering correctly and it passing but you the heading is not being covered - If its possible I would like to either exclude that line so we can reach a higher coverage or how do I allow that to be covered as it seems those lines don’t get executed during the run because they’re pre-compiled.

Do you know how to go around this?

defmodule Web.Api.V1.NLUViewTest do
use Web.ConnCase, async: true
use Web, :view

test “renders sentiment” do
response = “response”
assert Web.Api.V1.NLUView.render(“sentiment.json”, %{:response => response}) == response
end

end

Isabelladr5

Isabelladr5 OP

This is the test I have written:
and the lines of defmodule and the use ConnCase are not being covered.

So here is the test I have done and the test is covering correctly and it passing but you the heading is not being covered - If its possible I would like to either exclude that line so we can reach a higher coverage or how do I allow that to be covered as it seems those lines don’t get executed during the run because they’re pre-compiled.

Do you know how to go around this?

defmodule Web.Api.V1.NLUViewTest do
use Web.ConnCase, async: true
use Web, :view

test “renders sentiment” do
response = “response”
assert Web.Api.V1.NLUView.render(“sentiment.json”, %{:response => response}) == response
end

end

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

OK, no need to repeat the same reply several times. :slight_smile:

Also please format code with ``` at the start and the end (on new lines), so it’s more readable.

If you are seeking higher code coverage you should show us the code that you are testing, not the tests themselves I think.

You can also screenshot your test coverage results and post them here?

Isabelladr5

Isabelladr5 OP

Sorry about that I am new to the forum so didn’t realise it would show like this.
My apologies - I also sadly can’t upload screenshots as I am a new user.

defmodule Web.Api.V1.NLUView do
use Web, :view

def render("sentiment.json", %{:response => response}) do
response
end
end

This is the code I am writing the test for and this is the code I have written:

defmodule FeersumWeb.Api.V1.NLUViewTest do
use FeersumWeb.ConnCase, async: true
use FeersumWeb, :view

test "renders sentiment" do
response = "response"
assert Web.Api.V1.NLUView.render("sentiment.json", %{:response => response}) == response
end

end

The ’ renders sentiments covers the test correctly with no failures but the top two line of
defmodule FeersumWeb.Api.V1.NLUView do
use FeersumWeb, :view

I can’t seem to get coverage for

Thank you for your help

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Just to make sure: are you using excoveralls?

Isabelladr5

Isabelladr5 OP

No, I am not using excoveralls.

I have used the dependency before and it shows that I have 100% coverage as the lines that aren’t covered are not relevant - is there no way I can use the normal mix test --cover and exclude the top lines?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews