type1fool

type1fool

I’ve noticed a pattern that when I switch branches on a Phoenix project, compilation slows significantly and CPU usage skyrockets. Mix prints several alerts that my files are taking longer than 15s.

Initially I thought it was a problem with the Elixir LS extension for VS Code, but I have the .elixir_ls folder ignored. I then thought that the deps or node_modules directories might be the problem, but wiping them out and re-downloading deps did not fix the issue. The only way I have found to get a snappy compile again was to delete the project directory and clone from Github again.

I’m not sure where to look next for troubleshooting. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Showing Posts 1 to 5

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

That does not mean anything. ElixirLS might still recompile everything if dependencies between your branches differ.

type1fool

type1fool OP

Does this directory need to be deleted after switching branches?

neenjaw

neenjaw

Elixir LS runs dialyzer in the background, so it may be that…

axelson

axelson

Scenic Core Team

How are you compiling the project? Directly with mix compile (or phx.server), phoenix_live_reload (by refreshing a browser bage), something else?

type1fool

type1fool OP

Elixir LS runs dialyzer in the background, so it may be that…

I have Elixir LS Dialyzer disabled in VS Code.

@axelson Typically I’m running mix phx.server, and the compiler runs slow in both Mac Terminal and VS Code.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews