Awlexus
Hi, I recently wrote this a some policies where I thought having a “not” operator would be useful. For example
policies do
policy action_type(:create) do
authorize_if always()
end
policy not action_type(:create) do
authorize_if relates_to_actor_via(:partner)
end
end
I tried searching the docs, but the best solution I could come up with is
policies do
policy action_type(:create) do
authorize_if always()
end
bypass action_type(:create) do
authorize_if always()
end
policy always() do
authorize_if relates_to_actor_via(:partner)
end
end
Is this a deliberate design choice, or just something that hasn’t been explored yet?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
barnabasJ
I think nobody has felt enough pain to implement one yet. There is a
negatefor validations.https://github.com/ash-project/ash/blob/v2.17.3/lib/ash/resource/validation/builtins.ex#L71
I think building something similar for policies should be doable.
But Zach will hopefully correct me if I forgot to think about something here
barnabasJ
Mostly, this can be done by switching between
authorize_if/forbid_unlessand so on. But that doesn’t work for the conditions.barnabasJ
Unfortunately the docs don’t reflect it yet. But action_type also takes a list of action_types so you could do:
zachdaniel
Yeah, would be great to add a
negatecheck. Checks are more complex than validations, but it could be done. It should be done in core regardless.Awlexus
For my purpose this works perfectly. Thanks for sharing!