beardedeagle

beardedeagle

My app is distributed using @bitwalker’s libcluster and swarm libraries. I’m currently trying to write tests for specific parts of my app that hook into these libraries and am unable to due to the fact that I need to have multiple named nodes spun up locally in order to even function. I’ve tried using the test code in distillery/libcluster/swarm as examples in order to pull this off but have been unsuccessful. Furthermore I’m not entirely sure if the node’s creation should be in the test_helper.ex or in the setup_all. I’ve tried putting Node.start()'s and :slave.start_link’s to no avail. Additionally since my app uses Phoenix, I think I will need to have multiple endpoint configs for test? Any and all help, tips, examples is appreciated. Thank you.

Showing Posts 1 to 7

alexcastano

alexcastano

You can see an example in GitHub - ericentin/repg2: A translation of the original Erlang pg2 implementation to Elixir for educational purposes. · GitHub

It has tests with another node. Maybe you can adapt it to your needs.

beardedeagle

beardedeagle OP

I’ve tried my hand at this using the clusters strategy that swarm and firenest employ, but to no avail:

https://gist.github.com/beardedeagle/df0e56622b564871b409057b89fd0745

beardedeagle

beardedeagle OP

chrismcg

chrismcg

You could look at what Phoenix itself does when testing PubSub:

https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_pubsub/blob/master/test/support/cluster.ex

beardedeagle

beardedeagle OP

I’ve updated the gist again with the work @bitwalker and I have put into it:
https://gist.github.com/beardedeagle/df0e56622b564871b409057b89fd0745
Still not working, but progress is being made.

mindreframer

mindreframer

Hey @beardedeagle, you should look into https://github.com/wooga/flock.

It might give you some hints how to do setup the tests.
Good luck!

beardedeagle

beardedeagle OP

Thanks for everyone’s help and suggestions. @bitwalker and I were able to get this running using the following cluster_case code: Distributed testing · GitHub

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews