Broker Genius, an industry-leading SaaS provider, offers firms across the event industry the best-in-class technology to automate their mission-critical operations. This includes dynamic pricing, data insights, end-to-end ticket distribution, order processing and fulfillment with the largest marketplaces including Ticketmaster Resale, Vivid Seats, Stubhub Seatgeek and many more.
Having just secured $12 million in series B funding and completing a merger of two high-powered technology companies, Broker Genius is now looking to grow its engineering team significantly and launch a suite of amazing new products that fully leverage cloud computing, big data, and machine learning.
You would be responsible for building out our suite of ticket automation tools by contributing throughout the entire software stack. Our customers rely on us to automate critical tasks accurately and with low latency. We built our system from the ground-up in Elixir to achieve these goals. We make use of React, Postgres, Phoenix, Ecto, Oban, channels, etc.
We have an office in Raleigh, NC but welcome remote applicants. They would need to be someone who can thrive in that environment and who can have significant work-time overlap with US Eastern time zone and be comfortable communicating in English. We welcome candidates from the US and internationally. We are a fast-paced, lean & mean start-up, and you must be comfortable working in such an environment.
My name: Drew Gainor
My position: Chief Product Officer
Company name: Broker Genius
About the job
Job title: Senior or Mid-Level Backend Engineer
What You Should Have
- 5+ years of experience is a professional development environment
- 4+ years of experience with Functional programming (Ideally Elixir)
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS or other cloud environments (GCP, Azure)
- The ability to contribute to architecture and design of scalable new and current backend systems
What We Hope You Have
- 5+ years working as a full stack engineer in a hyper growth SaaS company
- Passionate about Elixir and filling in any gaps of knowledge of the cutting edge language
- Experience with React Framework
- Passionate about mentoring peers and growing on a daily basis
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with highly scalable backend microservices
Salary range: Negotiable, depending on experience
Position on remote work: Open to remote work
Qualifications or experience required: Production at-scale Elixir development and deployment
What the successful job applicant will be working on: You would be responsible for building out our suite of ticket automation tools by contributing throughout the entire software stack.
About the interview process
There would be live coding exercises plus discussion with our engineers. Promising candidates will also speak with our CPO and Principal Engineer.
Please email your qualifications to email@example.com for consideration.