We are a young startup aiming to democratise financial research by applying cutting-edge Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing technology developed within the University of Cambridge.
We are looking for the first two software engineers to join our team: one with a back-end focus, one with a front-end focus. The successful candidates will form the kernel around which we will build our development team over the next few years. As the team grows, there will be the opportunity to move into a leadership position.
This is a greenfield opportunity. We are technology agnostic: the most important thing for us is to find the right person. We are looking for someone who can combine hands-on coding with an appreciation of the big picture, selecting an appropriate technology stack and architecture, and defining appropriate development, deployment and testing processes.
One of the technologies that’s explicitly on the table is Elixir - hence this posting.
We offer a competitive package and potentially equity participation. Most importantly, this is an opportunity to spread your wings, do things the way that you believe they should be done, and learn about both Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing in the process.
The successful candidate will have (examples are indicative only - we are open to any appropriate technologies):
- At least 5 years experience with appropriate back-end technology (e.g. Ruby, Java, Scala, Clojure, Elixir).
- Working knowledge of cloud deployment (e.g. AWS).
- Working knowledge of DevOps.
- An understanding of agile development, most importantly an appreciation of why agile methodologies work, when they’re appropriate, and when to consider alternatives.
- An appreciation of the value of automation and testing.
In addition any of the following skills are desirable:
- Experience with, or interest in, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- An understanding of, or interest in, financial markets, investment, and/or crowdfunding.
- Web analytics.
If you’re interested, please drop me an e-mail at email@example.com.
This is a permanent position only. Strictly no agencies.