link
- (Mix) Could not compile dependency :chatterbox, “/home/user/.mix/rebar3 bare compile --paths “/home/user/Documents/signalbroker/signal_server/_build/dev/lib/*/ebin”” command failed. You can recompile this dependency with “mix deps.compile chatterbox”, update it with “mix deps.update chatterbox” or clean it with “mix deps.clean chatterbox”
I have tried all the three suggestions, still get the same error.
I use ubuntu 18, 64 bit
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
Probably because they have warnings_as_errors in their rebar default profile… Please checkout the repository in the exact version you want to use in your project, try to build and then file a bug report in their GitHub repository, asking to move the warnings_as_errors setting as well, as it breaks projects that depend on it.
link
How do I know which exact version I need in my project?
NobbZ
mix deps | grep chatterboxIIRC.link
This is what I get from the command you sent. I guess it gives me which version I have, not which version I should have?
NobbZ
It looks like you have a git dependency, not constraint by any branch/tag/commit, so you get whatever HEAD was on the first deps.get, it should be fine to simply try with HEAD from the repo and create the issue based on that.
NobbZ
PS: they are using
gen_fsmwhich is a not trivial to fix issue, depending on which versions of OTP they want to support.Easiest for now should be to fork/vendor a version that has the
warnings_as_errorsremoved from the config.link
Thanks, removing the
warnings_as_errorsfixed the problem.NobbZ
Have you made them aware of the problems they are causing by that setting?
tristan
I’m fine with removing it from the default profile. Please send a PR to chatterbox and I’ll merge it.
Also note that in the latest gen_fsm has been replaced by gen_statem.
(I just realized you are using a fork of chatterbox… Maybe tony612 would be willing to upgrade his fork to the latest upstream also).
link
No, how do I do that?