Backend Systems Engineer -- Batteries Included, Remote, USA

About us

My name: Elliott
My position: CEO/Founder
Company name: Batteries Included
Company website: https://www.batteriesincl.com/
Company headquarters (country): USA
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): We have built our entire platform on Phoenix, Elixir, and Postgresql. We use libraries like coryodaniel/k8s and oban for all things.

https://jobs.gusto.com/boards/batteries-included-corporation-60026dba-8a05-411a-a388-460e34209e25

About the Company:
Batteries Included is an exciting new startup building the world’s best software infrastructure team. Empowered people build powerful solutions, and we empower our team to innovate and create a powerful platform.
Batteries Included is a company with a vision of an easier-to-use, friendlier, and more powerful software infrastructure platform in a box. We are building the all-inclusive platform for technology companies on top of Kubernetes, operating the best in open source with battle-tested tooling and insights built-in. There’s no YAML or new configuration language to learn; powerful automation allows you to use cutting-edge machine learning, databases, networking, and security tools through a simple unified interface.

About the job

Job title: Infrastructure/Systems Engineer
Job Description:
We seek a Backend Systems Engineer to join our team. You will integrate many open-source packages in this role, creating reliability automation and authentication systems. As a founding team member, you should have an entrepreneurial spirit, a can-do attitude, and be willing to explore and find the best possible solution. You should be familiar with Kubernetes and containers and have experience in backend development.

Job Skills:
Strong proficiency in backend development
Experience with Kubernetes and containers
Familiarity with Elixir, Phoenix, authentication systems, Prometheus, and machine learning
Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Excellent communication and collaboration skills

Salary:
Senior Level: $129,200-155,550
Junior Level: $96,050-121,550

Position on remote work: Remote/USA
Qualifications or experience required:
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Backend systems, including database systems, machine learning, and reliability automation.

About the interview process

We are a startup with a very fluid hiring process.

We are a fully remote company and welcome applicants from all over. If you want to join a dynamic and innovative team changing the game in open-source infrastructure, please submit your application today!

8 Likes

latam allowed? (mexico)

2 Likes

Is contract work possible? Since I have craft business I can’t be full-time employed because of tax.

Hey, would you consider a candidate from the China?